Welcome to my website. I hope your visit here is informative and inspiring.
One of the main services I provide is religious trauma therapy. If you would like to learn about religious trauma and how I treat it, I recommend you start with my article Religious Trauma Signs & How to Heal. I invite you to check out my blog to learn about religious trauma, sexual shame, CPTSD, IFS, and other topics related to healing and growth. To learn more about the services I provide, start here.
In Religious Trauma Signs & How to Heal, you will learn the following:
- What is religious trauma?
- What are Adverse Religious Experiences?
- Potential signs of religious trauma
- Why leaving a church, religion, or abusive belief system alone does not heal religious trauma
- How doubting, questioning, deconstructing, or deconverting from religion can be disorienting
- Potential benefits of healing religious trauma
- Why I use IFS to helps clients heal religious trauma and sexual shame
- The value of psychoeducation
- Where to find religious trauma therapy
Included in the article is the link to an excellent video presentation on Religious Trauma and the Nervous System you won’t want to miss.
If Religious Trauma Signs & How to Heal inspires curiosity about whether you may have religious trauma, I encourage you to reach out to me. I am accepting new clients online throughout California and I would love to work with you.
Online religious trauma therapy
I invite you to contact me for a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if my services are the right fit for you and your situation.
Whether you and I have the opportunity to work together or not, I wish you deep and lasting freedom and healing.
In compassionate support,
Forest Benedict, LMFT
IFS Level 1 & 2 Trained
I invite you to follow me on this blog, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for encouraging, informative, and inspiring content.