A friend of mine recently questioned how everything keeps working out for me, asking what my secret was, as if there was some magical formula. The more I thought about it, I realized in some funny way there is a formula I am living out right now.
In the past, my magic formula was Say Yes to Everything + Try to Impress Everyone = Burnout & Resentment.
Today’s formula is more like Do What I Love + Work on Myself + Be Visible + Believe in Something Bigger + Be Consistent + Surround Myself With the Right People + Relentless Optimism + Synchronicity + Waiting = The Next Right Invitation (SO SIMPLE, RIGHT?!)
Right now, this is working out in mind-blowing ways and I can’t help but laugh! Really, it is quite unbelievable how this is all playing out. I have not been pounding the pavement looking for places to speak and teach and publish like I have in the past. I’ve just practiced the above formula and really cool things are happening. Here’s a sample of some of the upcoming opportunities on the table:
- October – Finishing a chapter for a major contribution to my field (I’ll tell you more when I’m allowed to – wait, I should be writing now!)
- November 9-10 – Co-facilitating a Phase 1 recovery Intensive in Sacramento
- November 14 – Being interviewed by Clay Olsen for Fortify (join us!)
- November/December – Possible webinar with a big online Christian sex addiction event
- February – Speaking at the Life After Lust Retreat in Northern California
- March – Webinar with the Center for Healthy Sex
After that….we’ll just have to wait and see!
I share these things not only to invite you to participate in them but also to invite you into your own purposeful path. Is there anything more meaningful than living the life we were designed to live? The more freedom we experience, the more perspective we gain and the more we can live out our purpose.
Based on your life experience, what is your magic formula? What are the keys to a meaningful life?
Ok, that’s all for now…I need to get back to my other writing. Thanks for reading!
Forest Benedict, LMFT, SATP, author of Life After Lust: Stories & Strategies for Sex & Pornography Addiction Recovery. Please follow Forest on the following platforms: Newsletter, Youtube, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and SHARE this valuable content with others. Thank you!