I am in a season of several changes. One of the most significant changes I am actively pursuing is the transition into being a more full-time writer. I heard this amazing Rumi quote today that describes my journey through this process: “What you seek is seeking you.” This resonates deeply with me because as I’ve sought out my vision while standing for my value, the universe has conspired to open up unprecedented opportunities in alignment my inner commitments.
So, this week I was hired as the Program Development Director of LifeSTAR Sacramento, where I will be creating new workshops and getting the word out about recovery resources in our state capitol. I will continue leading my LifeSTAR groups and seeing a handful of clients in Fresno. And both of these jobs allow me to pursue what I see as my greatest contribution to the world – my writing.
In my new role I’ve had the opportunity to co-create some great resources I would love for you to check out and share with others:
- A Day of Recovery & Healing (aka Life After Lust Workshop) – June 9
- Phase 1 Recovery Intensive (every other month)
- LifeSTAR Sacramento on Twitter (please follow)
- LifeSTAR Sacramento on Facebook (please like)
- LifeSTAR Sacramento Blog (please follow)
- An upcoming online LifeSTAR recovery group
This new opportunity is a win/win/win/win. I get to continue helping people recover, while using my gifts in both Sacramento & Fresno, and also freeing up more time to create. Some creative projects on the table right now are:
- The Life After Lust Audiobook (ALMOST FINISHED!)
- Writing a chapter for a major publishing company (more on this later)
- Taking part in a team project that will share Life After Lust and other recovery programs globally (more on this later)
- Writing my memoir
In this season, I am diving deeper into myself while learning how to be true to myself. I am filling my mind with inspiring ideas (like this, this, this, and this). I am following my vision and settling for nothing less. Here’s to making waves in Sacramento and beyond.
Think about it: What vision is seeking you?
May none of us abandon our biggest dreams.
Forest Benedict, LMFT, SATP, author of Life After Lust: Stories & Strategies for Sex & Pornography Addiction Recovery. Please follow Forest on the following platforms: Newsletter, Youtube, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and SHARE this valuable content with others. Thank you!